Update on the coronavirus in china. Update about Coronavirus in Nanjing, China (2020)

China coronavirus outbreak: All the latest updates

update on the coronavirus in china

In all, at least 10 cities have already been ordered on lockdown. Giammattei also confirmed that there are no infected cases at the moment, although he said a family was in quarantine after returning to Guatemala from South Korea. The man, visiting France from the hard-hit Chinese province of Hubei, was being treated in intensive care by medical staff, health director general Jerome Salomon told reporters in the capital. Five of the six new cases - aged between six and 70 years old - are members of one family from Hubei, the deputy director-general of the Department of Disease Control, Tanarak Plipat, told reporters. The Egyptian national airliner first suspended its flights to China on February 1, and had said it would resume services from Thursday. Speaking to reporters at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo, Sri Lankan Health Minister Pavithra Wanniarachchi said the suspension would take immediate effect.

Next

WHO plays down pandemic fears after seventh person dies in Italy

update on the coronavirus in china

The health agency announced the decision after independent experts spent two days assessing information about the spread of the newly identified coronavirus. The first case involved a 48 year old patient in hospital in the southwestern city of Bordeaux while the other was in Paris. Videos on Chinese social media give tips on how to cope indoors, which include breaking out in impromptu lion dances and fishing indoors. China confirms 830 coronavirus cases, with 26 deaths The number of cases of patients infected with the new coronavirus as of January 23 has gone up to 830, while the death toll from the virus has risen to 26, the National Health Commission announced on Friday. No need to panic, things are under control.

Next

Update about Coronavirus in Nanjing, China (2020)

update on the coronavirus in china

The game was scheduled to take place in Dublin on March 7 with thousands of Italian supporters, many from the regions most affected by the outbreak, expected to make the trip. Beijing suspends most bus services to neighbouring Hebei China's Beijing Public Transport Group said it would suspend most bus services into neighbouring Hebei province from Tuesday to contain the spread of coronavirus, according to a statement on its official Weibo account. Kuwait sends evacuation plane to Italy Kuwait Airways has on its Twitter account it will send a plane to the city of Milan in northern Italy, where the country's coronavirus outbreak is centred, to evacuate citizens. It will also take precautions with other flights from Europe, Russia, Turkey and Kazakhstan, said Enkh-Amgalan Byambasuren, the country's road and transportation minister, during a briefing. China urges citizens to delay foreign travel over virus fears China urged its citizens to postpone trips abroad as the country expands a massive effort to contain a viral outbreak that has killed more than 100 people nationwide. Chinese markets were closed for the Lunar New Year holidays as stocks in Japan, Australia and South Korea dropped.

Next

WHO plays down pandemic fears after seventh person dies in Italy

update on the coronavirus in china

He was immediately isolated after arriving at a hospital with a fever and a cough, and test results later confirmed he was infected with the coronavirus. Huanggang, a second major central Chinese city, with a population of 7. It added that Turkish citizens who live in China and have to travel to other parts of the country should take health precautions. The first flight will carry about 250 French citizens. Passengers were allowed off the Diamond Princess, quarantined in Yokohama, last week. Salvadoran nationals and diplomats who arrive from these countries will have to spend 30 days in quarantine, Bukele wrote on his Twitter account.

Next

China coronavirus outbreak: All the latest updates

update on the coronavirus in china

Hubei has been the region hardest-hit by the outbreak, which began in the province's capital, Wuhan. Bahrain reports three new cases Bahrain's number of infections rose to 26 after three Bahraini women who arrived from Iran were confirmed to have the coronavirus, according to the health ministry. Some 970 passengers were allowed off the boat last week after testing negative for the virus, but several have subsequently been found to be carrying the disease. The infection was confirmed in a man in his 40s who lives in Wuhan - the Chinese city at the centre of the outbreak - and travelled to Japan, the health ministry said in a statement. Angelo Borrelli told reporters that the dead man was 69. A third person, also in Paris, who is reported to be a close relative of one of the other two, has also been confirmed to have the virus.

Next

WHO plays down pandemic fears after seventh person dies in Italy

update on the coronavirus in china

The letter followed unconfirmed local media reports that Mosgortrans, which runs Moscow's vast bus, trolleybus and tram networks, had told drivers to try to identify Chinese passengers and inform police of their presence. China's Hebei province confirms first death outside epicentre China's Hebei provincial health authority said a patient infected with the new coronavirus has died, marking the first confirmed death outside Hubei province where the outbreak began. Globally, at least 80,000 people have been diagnosed with the illness. Read more on how the coronavirus is affecting markets and the potential consequences for the Hong Kong economy. The virus originated in the central Chinese city of Wuhan in Hubei late last year and has spread to other Chinese cities including Beijing and Shanghai, as well as the United States, Thailand, South Korea and Japan. Germany has reported its first case of the virus, as the United States and Canada upgraded travel warnings to advise their citizens to avoid all non-essential travel to China.

Next

Coronavirus spreads in Middle East and beyond: Live updates

update on the coronavirus in china

Coronavirus: What we know Turkey urges citizens to avoid travel to Hubei Turkey urged its citizens not to undertake any nonessential travel to China. The evacuees are in 14-day quarantine in a hospital. A ministry official, briefing reporters, said the driver had been in close contact with 18 people. Air Canada extends flight suspension to Chinese cities, citing virus Air Canada announced on Tuesday it was extending its suspension of flights between Canada and the Chinese cities of Beijing and Shanghai until April 10 because of the coronavirus. The latest victim was a 60-year-old man, the first French national to die of the disease, the health ministry said. The Japanese driver began showing symptoms on January 14 and was hospitalised 11 days later, according to the health ministry statement.

Next

China coronavirus outbreak: All the latest updates

update on the coronavirus in china

Abu Dhabi's Etihad suspends flights to Hong Kong on low demand Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways has suspended flights to Hong Kong until March 28, the airline said, citing a drop in demand. Authorities were working out the logistics of moving people out of the city which is under lockdown, he said on Twitter. Thursday, January 23 Gilead assessing Ebola drug as possible coronavirus treatment Gilead Sciences Inc said it was assessing whether its experimental Ebola treatment could be used to treat coronavirus infection. Japanese coach driver catches coronavirus from Wuhan tourists A Japanese coach driver has been infected with the new coronavirus after coming into contact with Chinese visitors, officials said. Acting Chief Executive Matthew Cheung Kin-chung said in a news conference that the Centre for Health Protection was investigating the matter. One of his travelling companions, a 37-year-old man from Wuhan, has also been admitted to hospital as a suspected case. The father was hospitalised on January 17 with a high fever, days before his son showed symptoms, health officials said.

Next